The Sixth Retina

I said recently that I have five Kodak Retinas, forgetting my Retina Reflex.  I haven't shot the camera in over ten years because of a cloudy view due to a deteriorated prism.  Everything else on the camera works pretty well, so I may try to do something about replacing the prism.
    I managed to muck up the shutter in the process of cleaning the camera recently so that the aperture would not close down properly.  I did not discover that until I had shot a roll of Fuji 200.  The aperture malfunction caused some over- exposure and some depth of focus issues.  I think I've got the shutter working properly now, and I have my eye on a couple '80s Minoltas on ebay which might work as prism donors.  Also had some double exposures toward the end of the roll; not sure what that is about.





Here a couple of shots from the last time I shot the camera which show something of the potential of the Xenon lens:


The Sixth Retina The Sixth Retina Reviewed by Unknown on September 25, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.