P30

A package showed up on my doorstep containing a Pentax ESII and a box of Ferrania P30 film.  I'd never had the opportunity to use either before, so I decided to put them both to use together during a walk through the botanical garden to shoot some familiar subjects for the sake of comparison.
     I spent some time first searching for images made with P30, and most I looked at seemed under-exposed and overly contrasty.  It seemed like an opportunity to see how the film would react to processing with PMK Pyro along with an additional stop of exposure which has given me good results with other slow, fine grained film.
     The result was some thin, under-exposed negatives.  Well, that proves nothing of course.  It may be that P30 just isn't a good match with PMK Pyro.  The camera's auto-exposure system is also an unknown quantity.  A bit of Photoshopping rescued some of the better images, and allowed me to see that the film has ultra fine grain and rich blacks.  I'll have to give the P30 another go with some of the developers that Ferrania recommends.




P30 P30 Reviewed by Unknown on September 27, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.