Expired

I was recently given a 4-pack of Fujifilm Super HQ 200 film with an expiration date of 2007.  I don't normally go looking for expired film; I am more inclined to seek predictability than serendipity.  Nevertheless, it seemed like it would be interesting to see what eleven years on a shelf would produce, so I loaded a roll in my Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim.  I exposed the whole roll at one of my regular test sites, the air and space boneyard behind the nuclear museum.


I gave the film normal processing in Unicolor C-41 and made no exposure adjustments in scanning.  I saw little lessening of sensitivity - perhaps a stop low - and no real color shifts.


I'll probably give away the remaining three rolls at the next meet-up of the New Mexico Film Photographers group, but I think I would feel as comfortable in using this past-due film as if it were newly purchased.






Expired Expired Reviewed by Unknown on June 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.