mf + tri-x + pmk

I haven't shot my medium format cameras much for a while.  When I do, I always end up questioning why I bother to use any of the smaller film formats.  Of course, there are good reasons for 35mm and smaller sizes, but the question still always lurks in the background.


I shot a roll of tri-x in my Mamiya C330 over a couple days.  I used the Porroflex eye-level finder which is a bit dim compared to the waist-level finder, but it does make shooting the big camera a little less awkward.


This was the first roll of film I've developed in PMK Pyro in which the negatives have shown a distinct sepia tonality which contributes to good contrast and better detail in both shadows and highlights.  The thing I did differently this time was to wash the film for a full 30 minutes as the Photographers' Formulary instructions recommend.  They say that "The image stain intensifies during the wash cycle."  Why that would be I have no idea, but I can't dispute the results. The negatives looked a bit over exposed, so I may try shooting the tri-x at box speed for the next round.






mf + tri-x + pmk mf + tri-x + pmk Reviewed by Unknown on March 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.