K1000 Spring

I decided to try out some newly-acquired K-mount lenses on my Pentax K1000.  The camera is a bit bulky compared to my other Pentax models, but the lack of a split image in the viewfinder is actually an advantage for shooting zooms or with a telextender as it does not black out the center.


I walked around in the National Hispanic Cultural Center and made quite a few shots of the trees which had flowered right on time for Spring's arrival.  The patio beside the restaurant always has nice light too.



The Cultural Center is in the historic Barelas neighborhood and not far from the Rail Yards.



The gates have been opened into the irrigation acequias, but there is not going to be much water coming down the Rio Grande this year.



I shot the church in the Plaza Vieja with the 28mm.  This may be the first time I have used a wide-angle for this subject and it has given me some new ideas for depicting this landmark building.


These two big parabolic reflectors sit outside the children's science museum near our home.  People standing in front of the reflectors can carry on a whispered conversation at a distance of about seventy-five feet.


K1000 Spring K1000 Spring Reviewed by Unknown on March 24, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.